India strongly holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive, and even spiritual satisfaction. Dalai Lama said that people take different roads seeking fulfilment and happiness. They are not lost. Being on a spiritual path does not prevent you from facing times of darkness but it teaches you how to use the darkness as a tool to grow.
Elizabeth Lesser said that the spirituality is a brave search for the truth about existence, fearlessly peering into the mysterious nature of life.
8 most unworldly and transcendent places in India are :
1. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh - Varanasi is one of the seven holy cities for hindus in India. It provides some of the uninhibited experiences with the visit to collosal temples and ghats. It is not only one of the popular tourist destinations but also offers some great music as one of the major attractions. The best time to visit this holy city if from October to March and if you are lucky enough, you can also be a part of the Ganga Mahotsav. The place offers well connected railway facilities and also offers international airport facilities. It has one of the most finest luxurious hotels too. Assi Ghat is also considered to be a magnet for those seeking spirituality as it is a homage to lord Shiva in the form of a huge Lingam under the peepal tree. The alluring arti is one of the finest makes of this place. Dashashwamedh Ghat is one for its spiritual transformation. According to mythology, lord Brahma sacrificed 10 horses in a yajna. It is a compelling place to visit. Kashivishwanath Temple is one of the 12 jyotirlingas with small shrine of lord Shiva.
2. The Amritsar Golden Temple, Punjab - The temple located in Amritsar is a place of spiritual transcendent and great beauty. Punjab is incomplete without this thousand year old built complex gurudwara. It has been a popular site for sages and mendicants. It is said that lord Buddha also spent his time in contemplation here. After the passing away of Guru Nanak, it became the primary sacred shrine of the Sikhs. The Hari Mandir is richly ornamented with marble, sculptures and golden gilding and large precious stones. The architecture is a mixture of Hindu and Muslims artistic styles. The Guru Granth Sahib lies on a jewel studded platform. Visitors can visit this place throughout the year in order to enjoy the echoing across the serene lake, the enchanting of the mantras, and the underground spring that feeds the sacred lake. It is said that the water provides a symbolic cleansing of the sins.
3. Haridwar, Uttarakhand - known for its vedic rhymes ,ganga ceremony in the Har ki pauri , Ardha kumbh mela and the pandits at the banks popularise this place for the Hindi population. Known as the vahis, record the update on each visit of the city. the nectar or the amrit is one of the 14 valuable ornaments that come from the samundra and is sprinkled at the 12 places in the entire universe. the Ardha kumbh mela comes once in every 6 years. Lord Vishnu has said to have left his footprints on the stone that is said in the upper wall of Har ki pauri. The tandava Nrutya, the Yajna, the Ganga Aarti, and the holy dip are of major significance to the place. The famous yoga and meditation seen on the ghats are a perfect synchronisation of body, mind and soul for relaxation and stress release. The Rishikesh Tourism is an unique way to experience Haridwar. Numerous Ashrams are set up for various social and religious works. Thousand of peoples live in the ashrams for a peaceful lives.
4. Vaishnodevi - Vaishnodevi in Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the holiest pilgrimage place of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Ji. It is said that the mother resides in the holy cave located in the folds of the three peaked mountain called the Trikoot. Millions of devotees come here every year to get their wishes fulfilled. The shrine witnesses tourists from both India and abroad. The yatra starts from a 12 kms trek from the base camp at Katra. The blessings are received inside the sanctum sanctorum - the holy cave. There are 3 rock formation present inside the cave known as pindis. This is the major tourist revenues for the state. The state has taken many developmental programs to provide a comfortable and satisfactory yatra to the yatris. The temple receives a large amount of offering and donations which are reinvested into many other programs. Visitors can visit this place throughout the year. It is one among the 108 shakti pitha.
5. Ajmer Sharif Dargah, Delhi - The sharif Dragah is a Muslim Sufi shrine located in Ajmer. It is one of the most popular tourist destination in India. The dargah is an enshrine of Persian Sufi saint, Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti and it is said that whoever comes with pure heart gets his or her wishes fulfilled. It is said that emperor Humayun build this enshrine. The place is an marked example of detailed architecture with a Muslim artistic style and the tourist need to entire the dargah through a massive door made of silver with beautiful carvings. The tomb of the saint is built out of marble in the centre courtyard. The dargah is well connected through all the means of transport and Jaipur airport is the closest one. The tourist can also visit the Nasiyan temple also known as ''the golden temple'' of Ajmer. The camal safari in Pushkar is very famous.
6. Kedarnath - The kedarnath temple was too much in the news and is a popular tourist destination among the Hindu pilgrims all over the world. It is located in Uttarakhand and is also known as the '' chota chaar dham''. It is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Kedar or lord Shiva amidst the majestic snow capped mountain ranges. The temple with open arms invites thousands of tourists each year. Tourists can take a trek of 16 kms through a paved road called Gauri kund. You can also take horse or pony services. The nearest airport to this place is Dehradun while the nearest station is Rishikesh. After the massive natural calamity of 2013, the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering has done a spectacular job in restoring the damage. Being a religious destination, it also offers many sight seeing locations like Gadhi Sarovar, Kalimath, Gauri kund etc. There are around 10 tourist spot around Kedarnath for leisure which includes Pharta, Sonprayag, Vasukital, Kedarnath helipad, Bhairav temple etc.
7. Bodh gya, Bihar - Included in the list of spiritual destinations in India, this place is considered as a marvel tourist destination. It is the crucible of Buddhism. The mythological story goes back to the time when lord Buddha attained enlightenment and moksh beneath a bodhi tree. This place is equivalent to what Mecca is to Muslims. It is an sacred Buddhist pilgrimage in the world. A tree from original sapling still stands in the temple premises. The temple offers an spectacular amalgamation of culture and heritages. The best season to visit this temple is from October to March. The total height of the temple is 170 feet with a chatra on the top symbolising sovereignty of all religions. The very inside of the temple has a colossal image of lord Buddha sitting in a posture touching the Earth by his right hand. The entire courtyard is studded with large no. of votive stupas. There are many other places in and round that serve as major tourist attraction like the Tibetan refugee market, Thai monastery, Muchalinda lake etc.